RE: Mini engine for a Sprigget?

To: "Spridgets \(E-mail\)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mini engine for a Sprigget?
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:43:31 +0200
SDOliner@aol.com wrote:

> Ok so what will I need?
> Front and rear engine plates?
> Oil Pan?
Flywheel, crankshaft, machine work to the block to convert from a
sidewinder to a rear wheel drive.
And a couple other goodies I can't recall.

It is possible, not cheap.
I have heard of Spridget engines going to sidewinders but not the other
way around.

The 1380 in my Frogeye is from a 1275 Mini
End Plates, flywheel, Crank and the hole for the oil pick-up needs to be
taped
The later A+ Blocks are far stronger than any block used in a Spridget and
if anyone wants the ultimate block, this is the way to go.
Be careful of the thickness of the centre web on EN40B cranks though.

John Reidy
Clutchless Frogeye( until after the weekend)