Re: Master Cylinder re-sleeving

To: "DataServ 2000 : John Reidy" <John@DataServ2000.co.za>, "Spridgets \(E-mail\)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder re-sleeving
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:27:42 -0500
Hello John,
         It seems you've got the right combination of bore diameters so
that things should work. I don't know your exact setup, but be sure you do
not have a return spring on the slave cylinder. Check and adjust the pedal
free-play to ensure full movement. I assume it is fully bled and there's no
air. Consider doing what the 1275s did and go to the larger 1/4" line with
the 7/16" fittings to get more volume. Check that the release arm and
throwout bearing are nearly touching the pressure plate. You don't want it
to have to travel too far.
         Just some random thoughts between phone calls. Hope it helps.
         Peter C
==