Re: Horsepower?

To: "ALEX VOLK" <TALLA@TELUSPLANET.NET>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Horsepower?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 22:08:18 -0500
ya know i love this stuff.
years ago there was a "rule of thumb" b.s. chart wich told you if you added
headers itgave you X=number of H.P. increase and if you did this or that add
so much more and so on and so on.
by the time you added evrything up you had a chevy V-8 with a zillion horse
power.  the big problem was / is unless evrything works together all the
alleged improvements could actually be detremental to final output of the
engine.   it appears you are heading in the correct direction but without an
engine or chassis dyno it's all guess work.   guessing is not a very precise
science.   so i'd stay away from trying to give you any hope of a real
answer without honest dyno proof.  heck if someone told you that your output
was around 100H.P. and the guy near you with a very mild state of tune blows
off your doors, it's going to be very embarassing to you.  i'd seek the
truth...it's out there.....

chuck