Re: Auto Question-no LBC

To: "Charles F. Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Auto Question-no LBC
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 23:53:26 -0800
I don't remember, even if I was working on these cars in college!  I'm pretty
sure they do.  I had a 33 Plymouth and a 28 Chevie that both had tapered axles.
I had an "axle knocker".  Take off the axle nut, screw this on in place.  Jack
up the opposite wheel and hit this sucker REALLY hard and the hub would come
loose!
Those were the days!  Axle replacement was sort of the norm!!

Paul A