Heater seals?

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id fAQDd8209282
Subject: Heater seals?
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 08:45:30 -0500 et>
When I dismantled my heater (for a 1500--dismantled for
cleaning/de-rusting/painting), there were several bits of dried,
crumbling foam.  The Haynes manual talks about being careful not to
break seals.  Is this what it's referring to?  Can that stuff be
purchased anywhere?  I didn't see it listed in either VB or Moss
catalogs, and assume it needs to be able to withstand an amount of heat
without causing a fireball the first time the heater core comes online.
The stuff was placed on either side of the heater core, and then between
the heater assembly and the body.

Adrian
http://www.midgetweb.com