Re: It's got me stumped

To: biffjones@erols.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: It's got me stumped
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:09:39 EST
In a message dated 11/15/01 3:26:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
biffjones@erols.com writes:

> return trip, after sitting for 6 hours, runs ragged below 3500 rpm.  It
> seems
> like as soon as you give it gas and put a load on it, it will miss badly, 2
> cyls, 3cyls, 4 then 2 again etc. until you get it above 3500rpm and then it
> settles down and runs on all 4 again. Cruising (above 3500) it purrs!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Hmmmm.  Well, Biff, you know what you are doing with these little cars, so I
don't know how much help I can be.  Maybe a memory jog will help.

Have you checked the little braided wire under the point plate?  It can cause
those kind of symptoms when it hangs on by the last thread.

Maybe an intermittent coil, but they usually act up after the car gets hot.

Also, make sure all your plug wires are snug.  OEM wires are pretty bad
quality.  Buy Magnecors and be done with it.

Let us know what you find.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget