Re: Can't Win For Losing...

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Can't Win For Losing...
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 19:44:31 -0700
Cc: JustBrits <justbrits@home.com>, Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Mike,

Memory is starting to work here!

One 1275 engine a customer had was a chronic oil leaker from the front pulley
seal.  Replaced the seal, centered it, buttoned it up.  Was back in a week,
leaking as bad as ever.  Took it apart again only this time I looked really
close
at the pulley.  It had a slight crack in the seal area by the keyway and had
trashed the new seal lip.  Replaced the pulley and the seal again.  Problem
solved.

On another engine I have here now, there are 2 nicks on the seal area on the
front

pulley.  Needs a redi-sleve.

Sooooo, take a look at these areas when you take of the pulley and timing chain
cover.  You might have done everything just fine, but the problem was elsewhere.

Good luck, Paul A