Re: Notes from the pit crew [Was: vacation in latrobe?]

To: macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu, cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Notes from the pit crew [Was: vacation in latrobe?]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:10:01 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/01 11:03:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu writes:

> Met up with Frank and Allen in Lansdale, very poor instruction on the part
> of someone who WILL remain nameless, caused Frank to drive to Lansdale
> instead of near Norristown to meet up. Drove to Bedford PA and spent the
> night in a motor hotel. That 5:30 call from Allen came WAAAAAYYYY too early

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was surprised at how quickly we got to Bedford in all that misty rain on
the turnpike.  And then chuck knocked on the door about two hours earlier
than I expected.  We finished the dozen beers I brought in no time!  I'm glad
I suggested the Friday night drive and a stay at the Econolodge.  Saturday
probably went smoother with us rested.

And that was a nifty drive from Bedford to Latrobe.  Up and down the hills of
western PA.  Past a Bison ranch, and I passed a llama ranch on the way home.
Good breakfast at Adele's diner (Since 1998).  And no traffic to speak of.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport