Re: Remote Oil Filter

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Remote Oil Filter
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 23:31:56 -0500
Mike,
All small block V-8 Fords (302/351W) use a filter with a 3/4" x 16 thread
with a 2 7/16" o' ring base. I think the Fram # is PH-47 (Motorcraft
FL-300), same as a PH-8A (FL-1-A) only shorter. I have one on my 5.0 Ranger
that I got from Ford Racing that has a through bolt that lets you position
the outlets where ever you want them, but you should be able to get one from
Jeg's or Summit Racing that screws on the filter nipple. You could even use
an FL-299 (quart and a half filter) like I've got on the Ranger. Stick it in
the breeze somewhere and use that big can for the cooling effect.
                               Jim K.