Re: Healey Surgeons Flyer

To: rsnover@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Healey Surgeons Flyer
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 06:37:30 -0600
Rick:

> How many of y'all who, like me, have never had any contact
> whatsoever with Healey Surgeons received their flyer/catalog
> in the mail this past weekend?

I didn't receive a Healey Surgeons flyer, but I think you may be on the
right track with your idea about the information being pulled off the
membership list.  If I were a business, I might consider belonging to
different organizations as a means of getting customer names.  Doesn't
mean it's right, but it does make sense.

I wonder if perhaps your name was sold on a list by some other company or
organization?  For example, shortly after I licensed my Midget, I ended
up on one business's mailing list.  Since I hadn't owned an LBC for
around ten years, and did not order any parts / catalogs from any other
business, I eventually figured out that the business got my name and
address from the state DMV.  Although I later directed the DMV not to
release my name, I got a few catalogs from other businesses, which had
evidently bought a list with my name on it from the first business.
Fortunately (or not, depending on your point of view), there's not a
whole of marketers out there targeting LBC owners, so there's not a bunch
of unwanted mail clogging my mailbox.

Seems to me that there is a direct mail marketing association which you
can register with to cut down on the 'junk' mail you receive.  Bad thing
is, the association is voluntary compliance thing, and marketers are not
bound to use it.  I can look up the address, etc, if you'd like.

Hope you have a great day!

Rich -- Council Bluffs, Iowa
'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
'86 Ford Crown Victoria LTD "BarcaLounger on Wheels"
richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!