Re: Quote & guns.NOW Responsibility

To: drewzer@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Quote & guns.NOW Responsibility
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 05:40:19 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
And you had the sense to realize you are the problem, not the gun. It is
refreshing to see that there are still people out there that will bear the
responsibility for their own actions and make amends to correct things,i.e. no
longer own a gun. In America, (Daniel, what about the UK?) it is SOOOOOOOOOO
common for folks to sit back and cry about how THEY are the victim, of their
environment, upbringing, lack of this or that, but never ever at any point are
they willing to accept the responsibility for any wrongdoing. This is not just a
gun issue, this is anything. IT MAKES ME SICK!!
 On the news in Dallas three weeks ago, I will try for names if you want them, a
Hispanic mother is driving her car at night, with the windows down, and her 3
year
old daughter falls out the window and is killed by 2 cars behind her that run
over
her in the heavy traffic. CPS has taken the other 2 siblings away from the
mother,
and the mother sits in the courtroom crying about how, and I quote " it isn't my
fault, the car makes all kinds of noises and I didn't see her, hear her fall out
and on and on and on..........." But the child was in the front seat!!! And the
child was NOT in a child seat (Texas law requires ages 4 and under in a child
seat). And this is NOT her fault?!?
Sorry Drew, and list, got carried away here. Drew, thanks for having a voice of
reason in a world of whiners, I only wish there were more who would act likewise
in this situation.          Brad (the troublemaking one)