Re: Engine and Transmission

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Engine and Transmission
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:13:12 GMT
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, robert@woozy.com, toyman@digitex.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Okay already, My point was that it didn't make sense to me to go back to a
948 because I drive the thing all over and enjoy the extra power of the
1275.  If anybody out there has a 948 in their car (I know Mike does) fine.
I'm not sayin' your a corn nut.  When I suggested a Chevy V-8 I was joking.
I meant, like the 1275 I have, it there anything bigger, preferably British,
that fits relatively easily, like perhaps a BL product.  It was just for
ideas--to see what info was out there.  Since my 1275 has been freshly
rebuilt, it will probably be a while before I do anything to it.  My other
point was, that these cars were made for enjoyment.  If you enjoy a 948, so
be it.  If you want to put a 5.7 L diesel into it, be my guest.  I plan to
modernize mine with an alternator, halogens, a radio, and probably a 5-speed
(although I came across a web site that advertised a six speed and wrote to
them and I'll let you all know what they have to say--even if it causes you
all to say I'm a complete fruitcake for contemplating such).  They built the
cars as best they could for their time.  I'm making it the best I can for
mine without, IMHO, changing it's basic character.

Ryan Marro