Re: Lots of fuel pump questions

To: esheffield@prizmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lots of fuel pump questions
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 06:52:54 EDT
In a message dated 10/20/2000 11:30:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
esheffield@prizmail.com writes:

<< If I do need to get a pump, does anyone have any experience with the
 replacement listed in the Moss catalog (377-185),  >>

Not sure which one that is Eddie as I don't have a Moss cat (oh no, not
another cat thread!) just in front of me, but if it is the little rectangular
one, I have one on my Midget, mounted in the boot instead of regular
location.  It works just fine--a little noisy, but has never missed a lick.
I think the same pump is available from other sources, maybe Advance, etc.,
or Whitney, for fewer bucks, though.  You DO want that lower pressure though.
Course you could always put a pressure regulator between the pump and the
carb if the pump is too high.  Maybe a lister has a way to check pressure,
such as X number of ozs. of gasoline pumped per 10 seconds or something.

--David C.