Re: DIY wiring harness

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DIY wiring harness
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 20:42:27 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/2000 3:15:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
grbyrns@ucdavis.edu writes:

Sorry, Glen, I am on a roll from a PISSED off day, BUT you are NUTS.

<< All connections at the lights are soldered >>

Are you actually telling us that EACH wire is soldered to the seal beam
bulb???
No plug to back??  You ARE kidding, right???  PLEASE.

<<( this will be a minor inconvenience when I need to paint the car or change
the rubber  gasket, >>

And six little bullits are a prob??  Get a life or change cars.  KISS

<<but it means absolutely no light failures >>

And in your entire life time, and or ANY of your houses' and/or cars:

       a bulb has NEVER burnt out??????????  Museum Level.  God, call GE and
Sylvaina.  They will give you KKKS of $ for the car!!!!!

<<or intermittent connections pissing me off).  He bundled in a few extra
wires in the section that runs to the boot to accomodate future needs, same
in the front.  When I added an electric fuel pump near the tank and an air
horn in the bonnet this
 feature came in very handy.  He used the proper gauge wire and quality
 connectors.  The aircraft multi-connector plug allows me to remove the
 bonnet easily. >>

Gee, I have only had three Frogeyes and still to the moment cannot count the
number of times I have had bonnet(s) off and put back on.  er, not to mention
friends' cars and customers' cars bonnets.  Damn, them bullits are a BITCH
(er, sorry, Ladies).

<<Most homemades may indeed be crap, but this one was made by
 someone who knew what they were doing.  >>

Yep, another OVERKILL for a "simple little car".  Ya needs to changes to
modern dragsters, IRL, CART, or F1 and leave the "little ones" alone.

They WERE not designed to be "modern day cruisers".  Want one, gp buy a new
'Vette, porch, Farrari, Aston-Marten, or dare I say, a Jag.

             KISS

PS:  Flamethrower OFF