tools

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: tools
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 22:30:59 GMT
yes,i know,the new kid is chiming in again.well,for what it's worth,i use
tools every day of the week,week in and week out.i started out with
craftsman years ago,then when i went professional i decided the craftsman
logo didn't fit the image of a big tractor trailer mechanic,so i started
buying from the mac tool guy.nice guy,named doug,been a friend of mine ever
since i signed the original paperwork with him years ago.anyway,my box these
days[all mac boxes by the way] contains a mix of
snapon,craftsman,mac,matco,and husky.if i had to do it all over again,and
was just starting out,i would march right into sears,pluck down the credit
card,and walk out with the biggest professional set they have.the only time
i have ever had a problem with my craftsman stuff is when i leave it
balanced on a framerail and it ends up lost on the highway somewhere.their
warranty is terrific,haven't lost a significant amount of chrome,never had
an open end wrench spread,even with a cheater pipe on the end of it.only
reason i buy anybody's elses now is because they are limited in their
speciality selection at my local retail outlet. you folks who are tool
shopping for a traveling set for the car might do yourselves a favor and go
to the tool crib at home depot. i have bought a few replacement pieces,nice
stuff at a terrific price,good guarantee.i avoid that foreign stuff like the
plague.we in the trade have a name for that harbor freight like
stuff,knuckle busters..a word to the wise.....
    scott
   77 midget here we come...