Saturday drive (was Sunday)

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Saturday drive (was Sunday)
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 11:17:51 -0700
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sounds more than wonderful. I've been taking every chance to do similar drives.
It is grand.

I cobbled up a temp gauge out of the end of an AA instrument panel and drove up
over Donner Pass to Truckee 2 weeks ago.. The speedo was unreliable and has
since quit, but I decided 4500 felt like a reasonable speed. I'm running tall
155 Bridgestoners. The car just romped up the hill, eventually passing the
faster cars.

Urped a wee bit of coolant at a stop, which was reasonable expansion. Temps
stayed on the high edge of normal all the way. What a kick! Performing in a
barbershop show that evening, I had a TIA (mini-stroke), so it was quite a day.
I didn't realize I'd had the TIA until later in the week.

Mornings are brutal in Truckee, so (top down of course) I bundled up and
cruised back by way of Eastshore Tahoe and down 50. I guess 4500 is pretty
swift, cause I sure passed a lot of cars. Hmmmmmm.

How do I find out about local events? I am tied up Tuesday nites. I spose join
anway.

David McCartney