Re: Bosch Rotor

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bosch Rotor
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 09:47:17 EDT
   A few years ago, I found a Bosch rotor with a built in rev limiter on a
trashed early 911 Porsche race car. Haven't seen one since.  Used a
centrifugal spring which, as I recall, pulled the blade away from the tower
contact, which allowed the spark to travel thru a highly resistive carbon
block - just enough to fire the plugs to prevent off/on backfiring. When the
revs decayed by a few hundred, normal voltage resumed.  I misplaced it before
I had a chance to  try adapting it to the  MGB autoxer. As I recall it was
stamped 6000.  Might be worthwhile for those of leaden foot.... Mark Childers