Re: Go hug your LBC (mostly LGC, not much LBC)

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Go hug your LBC (mostly LGC, not much LBC)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 23:02:10 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Ron Soave wrote:

> What's the longest it has ever taken you to change an
> LBC water pump, 1/2 hr, an hour tops?
>
> After holiday festivities, I went to do the water pump
> on my '87 325iS (it lasted 13+ years, I got no quibble
> there).

But Ron, you failed to mention that in 13 years you would have changed a
few water pumps on an LBC. At 1/2 hour each, you are right there time
wise.
If you can afford a Beemer, you can afford the time and parts.
We had to have the mexican jumping bean (VW) towed in for repairs when
it stopped running. Dropped it's timing (rubber band) belt. and at
40,000 miles, and they say to replace it at 50K.
Modern auto makers are turning home mechanics into dinosaurs.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ