RE: My first time... (longish)

To: "'Toby Atwater'" <Toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net>, Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: My first time... (longish)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:44:27 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
1) The accelerator pedal feels different. He said he had to adjust it to get
some slack in the cable to bring the idle down. Could the pedal be touching
the floor before it opens the butterflies %100 percent?

This is what happened  to me. easy to confirm. just push have a cute co-ed
push the pedal all the way done while you look at the carbs. Are they
opening all the way?

2) The needles in the carbs... I just e-mailed the rebuilder of the carbs to
see what needles were in there. Maybe some kind of strange really lean top
end
needle or something wacky.

Again, I had this problem. I had to go to a richer on the top end needle.

Easy to confirm also. Simply back the mixture nut on both carbs a few full
turns, causing a really fat idle. If your upper end power comes back, you
were simply too lean.

Lastly don't give up on the mechanic. Sure he charged you 155 bucks, did he
say go away and don't bring it back?
I'd expect him to look at it at least and guide you on solving this problem.