Lurker profile

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Lurker profile
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:36:43 EDT
Awwlrightie then...
> Okay,
> Here's a challenge.
> How about if each member of the silent majority "offers up" a short bio of
> yourselves including:
> 1) What you own or would like to own,
> 2) Why you are interested in Spridgets,
> 3) You past experience(s) with Spridgets or Brit cars
> 4) anything else

OK then;

I am now saddled with a very nice original and clean 66 Sprite street car, a
60-70% done '58 Chrysler based Devin vintage racer, and this project is being
done by a really great builder but is now on hold due to LOFs. I am now
working with my own limited skills on Healey 3000 based Kellison roadster
project with '58 Corvette power, I think only for the street. It's pretty
close to beiing OK, and I hope to get it drivable this summer, and I will use
my best efforts to avoid trees and other fixed objects.

What I want:
Jaguar C type, if I hit the lotto four times in a row.
Allard J2X LeMans body style. hit lotto twice.

Experiences - first car 71 MGB - bought, drove, restored, sold in fit of
madness (the sold part, I think, tho some would argue the other parts).

1969 and '73 Beetles - I'm still shivering  from the winter trips between
University of Iowa and suburban Chicago from both these vehicles. Always
starting in the cold is not always a good thing.

1971 Volkswagen camper bus - great idea, 2000 more pounds with the exact same
engine as in the '71 Beetle.  The severely dangerous crosswind handling and
absolute lack of power gave me the cold sweats on any long highway trip,
which made the no-heat winter trips only colder. Never again. Even hippies
didn't deserve to have to drive those things.

1968 Triumph Bonneville motorbike. Great machine, rode and owned for 13 years
and sold last fall. Like a Sprite without fenders and other stuff.

1967 Cadillac De Ville Convertible - almost the perfect car for decadent
comfort, makes you feel like King Farouk. Power everything, 429 cubic inches
of V-8 fun, and can crush small vehicles at will. Best of all the top comes
down, with power!

1966 Ford Fairlane in FBI dark metallic green, a total stripper except for
the small block V-8 . Always made me feel like Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.  When I
bought it, Marv, the used car salesman said, "You know, if you spend a little
money on this car, you will really have something". I'm still not sure what
he meant, I spent most of my money on No-Doz to stay awake while I drove this
vehicle.

Now I'm just driving the 66 Sprite and trying to finish the projects. Oh,
yeah, and a 1965 Honda 305 Superhawk under restoration in the basement.

Terry

St. Charles, Illinois