Re: Elizabeth's GT (Get Together)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Elizabeth's GT (Get Together)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:51:04 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/25/99 7:50:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pasgeirsson@juno.com writes:

<< >I think it was Will Rogers who, just after the Interstate highway system
 was
 >finished, said, "It is now possible to drive coast to coast, without
 seeing
 >anything."

 Hey, Will Rogers died in 1935!  Has he come back for Halloween week!  And
 I think the Interstates are still under construction.

 I also have a very old map of Texas.  Do the interstates reach there yet? >>

Okay, maybe it wasn't Will Rogers.  But somebody said it!  It was said just
after the first Interstates connected the east and west coasts, rendering
Route 66 useless.  I'll do some more research.  (There goes another day of
work!)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget