Re: Midget behaving badly again... what to do?

To: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget behaving badly again... what to do?
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:40:58 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/28/99 9:27:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Is it simply a matter of setting my idle higher (to adress stalling out)?
 Should I understand that LBCs just don't do well in near-100 degree weather?

I don't think idle speed per se is the problem here, but I set mine on a flat
1000.  Try that and see what happens.  Also, I am not convinced that hot
weather negatvely affects the running of the LBC if everything is clicking.
I just, an hour ago, returned from a 200 mile one way trip (in my '79 1500)
in blistering heat --pushing to over a hundred, and the Midget ran like a
top--never overheated--only ran slightly warmer than usual when flooring the
accelerator up long hills.  Cooled back down to running temps after a few
minutes.

---David