Re: BRIC/Thicko Party

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BRIC/Thicko Party
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:44:51 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Greg et. al.:
 Sorry I missed the group on Saturday.  Yard Racing was in the North
Paddock near corner 14 and I was really not wanting to walk up the hill
more than necessary.  Fortunately I missed the monsoon but the heat on
Saturday took its toll.  Why do the Shelby's have their coils mounted
directly on the left cylinder head?????!!!!  Both cars came in w/ misses
or no start when hot.  You could not touch the coil......hell, even BMC
figured out the coil should not be mounted on generator near the engine.

Anyway, I'm sorry that I missed the Brit Group, I never think of looking
over there.
I pilfered some of Bill Dentinger's Bleu-cheese bootlegged in from
Canada.  Thanks Bill!
Today was the end of the "lasting memories" of the cheese!  Boy it was
worth it.

3 things.  1. What a great race weekend!  I shall not forget the sound of
Alesi's Ferrari taking corner14 in 2nd shifting into 6th by the bridge, on
which I was standing, and hitting the rev limiter at the start/finish
line!  Talking w/ those in the know they were using 18,000 as the rev
limit.  Just once, just once..........  :)
2. Mecum's auction and our VSCDA Concours were outstanding.  I hope the
auction becomes a tradition.............anyone know what the red "C"-Type
went for???  or the Singer??
3. My son spotted a white Bugeye on Sunday fitted with a Judson
supercharger.......anyone on our list??  Was George out here and didn't
tell anyone???  I would be interested in talking with the owner.

WST, sorry I didn't make it to G.L. but I was whipped, but now I'm in
shape for our trip to Las Vegas and NW Arizona........ain't hot enuf
here!   Any Spridgeteers in L.V.; Williams, AZ; or Winslow,
AZ........"Take it easy............"
Bye for now,
Dave
59 :)