Re: jag talk was Re: car-o-scope

To: tob@sb.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: jag talk was Re: car-o-scope
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:15:00 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/25/99 7:29:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tob@sb.net
writes:

<<
 My friend who owns an XJ6 swares about its reliability... he really belives
 the problems lie in the V12 motor ...
 In southern CA the older XJ6s are getting cheap... you can find them for $4k
 or less in acceptable condition. I always told my mom I would get her a
 Jaguar... maybe this is an option....

 on a LBC note... I replaced my points today... and put in a general good
 work day on the Sprite... now if I could only find my timing light I could
 get the bugga right on....

 Bye

 Toby

A fellow I met in Las Cruces this spring was driving an older XJ6 and he
swares by the Chevy engine conversion he did...got the info and parts from a
place in San Diego called JTR (Jags That Run).

My long term plan is to do one of these, but probably with a Ford V-8.

He said picking up a nice XJ6 with a bad engine for $1800 was pretty easy.

I've even seen the XJS convertible for sale in the local paper for $4-5K.

Robert Houston