FYI Electronic Speedo Update

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: FYI Electronic Speedo Update
From: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:59:44 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Wired and installed the VDO speedo and sender this afternoon. Took my truck
(Pretty accurate speedo) out and marked off a mile.

Got the Bugeye out and used the measured mile to calibrate the VDO.

Doing the math with numbers for my car,  4000 RPM in 4th should be 62 MPH.

Speedo after calibration reads 62 MPH @ 4000 RPM. HOO RAY

Nice to have a "No Bounce" speedometer needle.

Discovered why the speedo has two bulbs, the needle has a light in it.

Paul Asgeirsson of this list, sells an adapter ($3.50)  that will let the GM
sender mate directly to the 210 transmission if anyone is interested. Paul
is sending me one and I will let you know if it works.