Re: Tranny questions..rebuild vs rivergate

To: "Ric Bergstrom" <Ric_Bergstrom@britishcarclub.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tranny questions..rebuild vs rivergate
From: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:33:43 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ric

It's possible that the 210 tranny that you get may need at least a partial
rebuild. The one that I have apparently sat for many years without oil. The
bearings were completely dry and packed with dried sludge. I replaced them
rather than take a chance of having to do it later. The syncros however were
perfect.

I seem to recall the bearing set being about $100 from the local dealer and
the syncros being about $25 each.

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com
Ever Feel Like You Are Diagonally Parked In a Parallel Universe?