Re: Replacing the Brake Rotors

To: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Replacing the Brake Rotors
From: Brad Fornal <toyman@htcomp.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 13:14:16 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I replaced just the rotors on my 65 "little person" last summer and it's
pretty sraightforward.remove the axle nut and remove the entire rotor
assembly,the splined area has a small hole for removal of the cotter pin,you
will need to line that up to get it out.once removed you have access to the
bolts that hold the rotor to the splines,it's pretty easy from there.Oh yeah,I
had hell trying to figure out how to get the original grease covers off from
over the axle nut,I finally gave up and used needle nose vise grips and
grabbed ahold of the threaded stud that sticks out of the center and gave it a
good yank,it's just a push in fit on the grease cover the threaded piece must
just be there to grab onto.good luck,Brad