Re: LBC question (no one unsubscribe, please)

To: <Lancer7676@aol.com>, <spritenut@Exit109.com>, <soavero@yahoo.com>
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 12:42:57 +1000
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My wedge solution is based on a bit of rectangular alloy bar (1/4" thick
and the same width as the spring (1.5" I think).

Simply cut a piece about 1.5 " long and apply to a grinding wheel so as
to produce a wedge.

loosen the existing nuts/bolts and slip the wedge (pointy end first) in. The
car will of course be on stands and application of the jack to the axle
housing will make it easier.

Tighten up and go!

A word of warning, 1/4" makes the car *very* low at the rear. It is only
good for the track (IMHO). For the road 1/8" is more like it.

Of course there is m secret patented modification to the bump stops
to accompany this....

Mike