Re: WARNING new Calif. driving technique

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: WARNING new Calif. driving technique
From: David Christman <dpc@ai.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:48:43 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Sounds more like "old Boston driving technique".  20 years ago I was
impressed by how courteous CA driver were.  The times they are a changing...

"On my last trip to the SF bay area I learned a new trick for changing lanes on
busy freeways.  What they do is make a quick flick towards your lane like their
comming over without looking,  when you slam on your brakes then they do change
lanes in the gap you left with your smoking 4 wheel brake lock-up.  Happened
three times, the first two got away with it, but the third I left sideways on
101 at Army St.  I'd tell you how that happened but then it wouldn't work for
me anymore!