Re: Dark Green/Production Change Point

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: bthor@master.adams.com
Subject: Re: Dark Green/Production Change Point
From: TYPE79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 21:55:55 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Brian,
We may just be debating semantics here. I consider "1959" Sprites as being
those with the later windshields, in addition to some of the other post'58
improvements.

I don't own the Dark Green sprite that I referenced. It is owned by a friend
who purchased it from the second owner. It is a dead original car. It was
always dark green. It has the original interior (take those words literally).
It has its original tool kit and factory warranty. It is a low number car, but
I can't find the number quickly tonight.

Since cars of this period did not have a model year designation until the time
of registration, it is most reasonable that these so-called 1958 Dark Green
cars were registered as 1959's. But to reference all of these Dark Green cars
as 1958's gives the impression that they carried the early windscreen and other
oddities peculiar to the early cars which is not true.

Again this may be just a matter of semantics, but I have never considered
anything but an early windscreen car a "1958".

Jay Fishbein, CT