Re: Vacuum Advance

To: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Vacuum Advance
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 08:58:24 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Listers
        Peter Samaroo and I have been discussing his need for a vacuum advance
unit. Thought I'd pass this along to him and all of you. I have used a
product that is a rubber spray that I've had better than 50% success with
in "reparing" vacuum units. Permatex Form-A-Seal Leak Repair Part # 82096.
For vacuum units put dizzy or unit so that diaphragm is horizontal. Spray
this in and let sit an hour or so. Repeated applications work even better.
I can't speak highly enough of this product. We use it in our rebuilding
and after many years of trying many products even with the Loctite people
advising, this is the ONLY one that works. It's not always easy to find but
worth looking for! The can suggests using on freeze plugs, etc. That is
kind of what we use it on with 100% success. It is meant to be used AFTER
assembly.
        I wish it came in vats.... like to drive my Land-rover though it. Seal
that engine/trans/transfer box mess right up.
        Anyway, at approx $5.00 a can it's worth a try.
Peter Caldwell
MGC-GT  , 100-4, '31 MM8 Cammy, Innocenti S,
'52 Champ, '60 L-R 109 SW, 3 '64-73 L-R 88's
nosimport@mailbag.com