Re: 5-speed clutch

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: 5-speed clutch
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 18:40:58 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Philip Hubbard wrote:

> At 01:39 AM 7/27/98 -0400, you wrote:

I don't go much over 80 unless the road calls for it.
(And my cop friend is driving his Jensen Healey very near me!)
We have touched on 100+ a few times. No greater feeling in the world
then passing Big Healeys, MGBs, and TR6s at 100 MPH in a Sprite.(and the
Mini passed us all!)
BTW, the Sprite speedo needle will go as high as the "E" in the word
Main Beam on the speedo, I would guess about 115 MPH. Of course this is
if it still reads correctly at that speed.
And at 90+ mph, your eyes are glued to the road, speedo, tach, oil/temp,
and rear veiw mirror at all times. Who can look at windscreen buffeting
at those speeds?

Ahhh, car clubs that have cops that like to DRIVE, and those same cops
are patrolman in the town with the long curvy roads!
--
Frank Clarici                         Toms River, NJ
Too many LBCs