Re: '74 Midget - Engine Quitting etc. Progress

To: "Philip Hubbard" <phubbard@carroll.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: '74 Midget - Engine Quitting etc. Progress
From: "Tom Zuchowski" <tzuchow@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 18:31:36 -0400
Cc: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Black spark plugs are a sign of rich-running carbs. That may be where your
poor running comes from, and the new plugs will foul also if you don't get
the mixture fixed.

Gas on the tops of the float bowls could well be sticking needle valves. The
overflow hole is right underneath the gas line. That could also account for
your rich mixture, too.

Tom Zuchowski
'61 Bugeye
Clemmons, NC