Re: Multi-plug connector

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Multi-plug connector
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:49:33 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Philip,
        It being Monday morning I assume you've fixed the alternator plug. For
future info, if the alternator has a 1-piece moulded plug with 3 wires
(2-large together and 1 small), then it is called a standard European
terminal and is used on most European cars of the '70s to mid '80s. VW
Rabbits needed replacement of the harnesses the most and so these are/were
available as repair parts with fusible link wire attached.  Lucas also sold
the take-apart kit for repair and change-over from earlier 5-connector
alternators as part # CYB-400. Most intergrally regulated Bosch alternators
used these plugs.
Hope this helps   Cheers   Peter

At 06:36 PM 7/25/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Ooops.
>
>Once I took the connector off and examined it closely I saw that it is not
>one monolithic whole, but that the three connectors slide into the plastic
>case.  I'm sure I can find replacement connectors at either a parts store
>or Radio Shack.  Hayne's seems to suggest that they will need to be able to
>handle 34 amps at 14 volts.
>
>Philip
>1974 Midget (Arioch - Lord of Chaos)

Peter Caldwell
MGC-GT  , 100-4, '31 MM8 Cammy, Innocenti S,
'52 Champ, '60 L-R 109 SW, 3 '64-73 L-R 88's
nosimport@mailbag.com