fuel sender unit ( bugeye)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: fuel sender unit ( bugeye)
From: Alan Fisher <hello39@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 21:16:47 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Listers,
can anyone out there verify if the wire lug that the wire from the fuel
gauge goes to faces the front of the car or the rear?
Yup, you guessed it. After installing my new tank in my bugeye my sender
has never worked right. It was suggested that maybe I installed the
sender 180 degrees out. I won't tell you which way I installed it but
someone tell me which way is right. Same would apply from 58-65 I think.
It's the early sender with the steel shiny cannister float.
Thanks in advance
Alan