Re: Pilgrims' Progress...'74 Midget Suspension

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Pilgrims' Progress...'74 Midget Suspension
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:06:22 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Philip,
        I too have been enjoying your trials, Takes me back to "my first time"
(with a Sprite). Was a bit worried at first, but you seem to be getting a
handle on things. Now you know to mark things as you take them apart?
        One item caught my attention in your latest post.
>Got this side installed correctly.  :)  I have the front and rear attached
>firmly.
Most people recommend NOT fully tightening the suspension bolts until the
car is back on the ground with normal "at rest" weight on it. This is how
the car will be most of its life and you shouldn't be exerting any twisting
force on the bushings at rest. Helps them last longer.
Besides that.... keep at it. I can almost hear it running.
(I think you're in NJ? I know some great roads around Morristown, Mendham,
Chester area!)

Cheers  Peter in WI
Peter Caldwell
MGC-GT  , 100-4, '31 MM8 Cammy, Innocenti S,
'52 Champ, '60 L-R 109 SW, 3 '64-73 L-R 88's
nosimport@mailbag.com