Re: strange one

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: strange one
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 12:38:23 -0400
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Usually if the acid is boiling enuff to blow
the caps, you gotta a severe over-charging problem.
That's mostly due to an over-eager voltage reguator,
I would guess. Check the battery often to make sure
you don't boilit dry. I would take it in to a shop that
specializes in electrics and charging systems (they usually
list that way in the yellow pages). I assume the regulator
is built into you alternator, as it is on my '72. You
could replace the alternator or have a shop rebuild it.

On my old Alpine, when faced with this problem AND an old
Lucas Generator/Control Box situation, I opted for a brand new
Alternator with the regulator built in. Best thing I
ever did for that Alpine!

chuck

chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net