Hydraulics...

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hydraulics...
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@pe.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 17:27:09 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
OK, I just got the engine started on the midget (62) the other day, after
nine months or so on jackstands.  So far so good, it needs a bit of a tune
as it's idleing a bit high, but the exhaust smells ok, and the carbs sound
ballanced with the old hose to the ear trick.  Cool beans...

now I push the clutch in and... no reistance, OK lets step on the brake..
no travel.  Clearly this is not a good thing.  Whick check under the hood
revelas that the reservoir is empty.  This is not a good sign, obviously
there's a leak somewhere, but to find it I need fluid in the system.
Needless to say, I can;t find any mtthod for refillin the system in the
manuals I have at hand.

Anyone got suggestions?  Why would the brake pedal be locked up?  Brake
master cylinder shot? (I hope not)

any help would be appreciated.

Greg

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats