Midget Rear Suspension - Front Bushings

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Midget Rear Suspension - Front Bushings
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 15:07:03 -0400
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have a quick question about the bushing in the front eye of the rear
springs.  I drove out the old one using a socket as suggested.  No problem.
 I'm replacing with poly bushings so I need to see which parts of the old
bushing I need to keep.  I'm thinking maybe none.

The old bushing has an outer metal sleeve, then a rubber part wrapped
around another metal sleeve.  My new bushings came with a metal sleeve
corresponding to the inner sleeve on the old bushings.  Of course the poly
bushing is the rubber part, but I received no new outer metal sleeve.  Is
is intended that I use the old metal outer sleeve?  Going to be fun driving
the rubber and inner sleeve out of that.  If I have to, I may just melt
them out.  :)

Doing a dry fit, I'm not sure the new poly busings will fit into the old
outer sleeve.  If they do, it will be after much gnashing of teeth I am
sure.  :)

I appreciate any answers to this question as I am going to try to put it
back together this evening after I pick up my replacement front bracket.

Thanks,
Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget