More on Engine Swaps

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More on Engine Swaps
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 07:54:25 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
All:

Just a quick and hearfelt "Thank You!"  to all who offered assistance.  I
received a huge response to my request for information on engine swaps
into B's and Midgets; everything from "Don't do it" to "Get the biggest
engine you can find, hang it on a hoist, grease the engine compartment,
and drop that puppy in there...."

As always, I am amazed at the amount of knowledge available through the
lists. The URLs on engine weights were very helpful, as well as the
practical comments from those who have been there, done that.

Les Myer was of particular help:  if your tastes run to mechanical swaps
or if you just appreciate a well-executed design, check out:

        http://www.probe.net/~lmyer/midget1.jpg
        http://www.probe.net/~lmyer/midget2.jpg

I considered kidnapping Les and holding him as a source of information
until the swap is completed, but since that entails a lot of nasty
paperwork and legal penalties, I decided against it.  I will continue to
be impressed by the quality of his work, though!

Thanks again!

Rich
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"
'89 Blonde-Haired, Blue-Eyed Daughter "The Boss"