??Accelerator cable??

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: ??Accelerator cable??
From: CMLove <cmlove@hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:35:39 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello all;

I have a '74 Midget with standard carbs.  I am having problems getting
the accelerator cable loosened at the connection to the carburator.  The
connection on mine has a 1/2 inch nut on one side of the plate connected
to a pin that is held in place on the other side by a cotter pin.  I
can't seem to be able to get to it with a standard tool and loosen the
nut enough to slip out the old cable and install the new!!  Any
suggestions as to a slick way to do this without buggering up the works
or having to buy new parts when I finally get it off??  I know this
can't  be that hard!!  But, this is the first time that I have had to do
this.  Help!~?

Thanks,

Monty