RE: Judson/Overheating

To: "'GMari58175@aol.com'" <GMari58175@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Judson/Overheating
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 09:35:33 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ahh, George!  I'm so happy that you are acting as the guinea pig on this one
before I go down the Judson road.

The instructions I got with my yet to be installed Judson state that carbs are
preset at the factory, no tweaking should be required. I assume, of course,
that you have the original Holley carb. Two things come to mind: is your
pulley/belt situation working well, or is there a too loose or too tight
situation? Second, we all know how timing can affect engine temperature.
Perhaps a full re-tune is in order? Does the engine seem to be running smoothly
and strongly other than the overheating? Is the supercharger getting it's dose
of Marvel Mystery Oil as required?

If all else fails, you might want to call the expert, George at 860-355-2807.
He rebuilds them and knows a lot about them. I don't know if he would offer
tech advice to someone who did not buy from him though....

Daniel