Crankcase breather system

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Crankcase breather system
From: Dave <dfox@blarg.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 19:39:18 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello all !
 It's been a while since I've been able to check in on the list.
Meanwhile I have brought the $600 '67 midget back to life (after 5+ years
in some guy's driveway)
Still, there are a few kinks to work out ...
 My crankcase breather is sending oil into the intake manifold thus
creating an enormous amount of smoke.
When disconnected all is well (except for the leaking)
I disassembled and cleaned the valve an everything appeared to be okay.
Is it possible that the oil separator cannister thingy attached to the
rocker cover is bad ?
There is nothing in the repair book pertaining to that part.
Should I purchase a new valve ($100 +) and try again or is my problem that
strange little cannister.

since we're on the subject of smoke ...
Like I said, with the oil breather disconnected the engine runs great and
smoke free.
However, when warm, if I sit at a stop light for more than 30 seconds I'll
get a big puff of smoke
when the light changes and I pull away.  ????
When warm the oil pressure is 35-40 at idle and right around 60 when
driving. Water temp stays at 180

Thanks for any and all help !

Dave Fox
'67 Midget (w/403 miles of spridget driving under my belt)