Rubber Bumper Bashing

To: davebrown1@earthlink.net
Subject: Rubber Bumper Bashing
From: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 14:37:27 -0700
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dave: I enjoyed you comments about Rubber Bumper bashing. There is a lot
of snobbery towards Rubber Bumpered MG's by Chrome Bumper owners,
there's also Bugeye vs Square Body Spridget bigotry as well. Most of it
is all in good humour. The first MG I ever drove was my friend's brand
new 1976 Midget. I enjoyed it a lot. There are differences between the
cars, but the important thing is that they are ALL fun to drive. I
myself own a 1963 Midget MK I, there may be a few things mine can do
better handling wise and room wise I couldn't drive the car without the
door pockets because I've grown a lot wider since 1976, but they are ALL
special little cars and they ALL are attention getters. I myself have
probably been guilty of a couple of Rubber Bumper jokes between friends,
but I am not opposed to buying one for my wife or daughter if they so
desired. I think the most important thing is we have fun with our cars
and not take matters too seriously.

Fred Krampits
1963 Midget MK I 1098CG

BTW: To your remark "This is my first MG, I had owned Triumphs before."
You still own a Triumph..............(only kidding)