Re: Frank's alternator conversion

To: jphender@soli.inav.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Frank's alternator conversion
From: carlson@navtech.com (Curtis Carlson)
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 16:17:54 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I used a Bosch alternator off of a Volvo engineblock sitting in my regular
car's mechanic's shop.  The nice thing about it was that I got the lower
bracket along with the alt. and didn't have to get the GM curved one.

I suggest that you go visit your local mechanic, and ask him if he'd (or She'd)
like to unload something off his shop floor.....that way, you'll probably get a
cheaper deal, you get to do your mechanic a favor (always appreciated) and
you'll also be helping the environment (not that I'm a flaming tree-hugger or
anything.)

It worked for me, and I got an alt. for $20.00 bracket included.

Curt

--
Curtis Carlson
'66 Austin Healey Sprite MkIII ("Gerty")