Re: water drain tap

To: millerls@msn.com, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: water drain tap
From: Frmjr45@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 00:41:35 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-06-22 21:50:01 EDT, millerls@msn.com writes:

<<
 Where does it leak? At the Tap, or at the threads?  If it's the threads, a
 thread sealer should stop it. Try teflon tape.  If it's the tap, I have one
 that was not leaking when I removed it.

 LM >>

   The leak is occuring around the shutoff lever of the tap of the
replacement. In the original there is some minor seepage on the top of the tap
where the lever goes into the body of the tap.  Fisher Jones on the list said
he had a used plug for the block that he would sell me. I may go that route.
There is no problem with the threads, they are okay.
    As far as this supplier controversy,  I have dealt with Moss for years and
have never gotten a bad part until now.  If you want to talk about bad
suppliers, in my opinion, try Victoria Brit.  As I said in a previous posting,
they have no idea what a Mark I Midget is.  They have many incorrect listings
they insist that fit my car.  I sent back more then I ever kept.  I don't deal
with them on a dare.  Motorhead has had some questionable suppliers as well.
Ask me about the debacle I had 2 years ago with rear brake cylinders.  After
several leaky cylinders of questionable origin, I finally got some original
equipment types (Lockheed) from England from them.
    Some folks on this list criticise some suppliers because, understandably,
they have had problems.  Okay, then, give me names of suppliers that you do
trust. That's all I want, and I'm sure others on this list want the same.
Just don't make fun of others misfortunes.  I didn't ask for them to send me a
part from Taiwan. I'm not looking to fight with anyone, I just want info like
the rest of you. I'm really a nice guy once you get to know me. Okay, are we
all friends now?

Russ Mullaly
1962 Midget