Tight Piston

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tight Piston
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 11:09:56 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I finally got around to doing some work on the engine reassembly today.
All the pistons are in and 3 are relatively free-moving, but the first
one is hard to move.  Is this normal and maybe I just don't have enough
oil in there, or is something binding?  All the pistons went in with the
same characteristics (none were any harder than the others to get in).
Could the bore not be exact (.020 over)?  What else could it be?  There
aren't any scratch or scuff marks in the cylinder.  Thanks!

adrian

--
J. Adrian Barnes

http://user.icx.net/~adrian/midget