Re: '66 Midget Engine removal

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, laubebs@softdisk.com
Subject: Re: '66 Midget Engine removal
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 05:48:10 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The front of the driveshaft is a spline fitting to the gear box(plug
in). So if you remove the four nuts and bolts that attach the rear drive
shaft flange to the front of the differential you will be able to pull
it right out through the back of the car. This will be easier if you
support the rear axle with jack stands (instead of the body) as this
keeps the springs compressed and gives you a little more clearance to
remove the driveshaft.

>Subject: '66 Midget Engine removal
>Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 18:29:23 -0500
>
>Recently became the latest owner of a well travelled '66 Midget.  Lil'
Bit