Fuel Pump

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel Pump
From: dingram@tnet.net (Doug Ingram)
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 09:44:19 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My fuel pump (AC-Sphinx Y type mechanical) has minor leakage, it's seeping
but I can't really see from where. Time for a rebuild or replacement.

I would appreciate a little advise.

The parts catalogs list replacement pumps for around $40 to as low as $30 at
Winner's Circle, and list "minor" repair kits for $40 - 50. That makes me
say Hmmmmmm... why would the kit cost more than the whole pump....maybe the
pumps are el cheapos.... and why wouldn't I want a "major" rebuild kit, if
it's apart doesn't it make sense to do the whole job?

A-H Spares lists pumps for considerably more (35 pounds sterling) and what
appears to be a complete rebuild kit for 26 pounds sterling.

Anyone with experience you would be willing to share?

Thanks,

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Bugeye