Re: Flywheel lightening

To: mrbugeye@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Flywheel lightening
From: Ron Madurski <rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 10:02:06 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I put an aluminum flywheel from PAECO in my X1/9.  It really helps the
motor spin up, but it also makes it jerky when going slow.  I think it
was about $500, I wouldn't do it for a street driven car but I use it
for autocoss only and it hardly ever goes slow :-)

They do have a lightenede street version which is slightly heavier to
reduce the jerkiness.

:
:
:Well since I stripped some teeth of my gear box at SpriteRush I will be
:replacing my transmission this weekend. While I have it out I will
:replace the clutch. Does any one have any information on lightening the
:flywheel on a 948 engine. It seems a little heavy to me.
:Thanks.
:

--
Ron Madurski